Anna Hibiscus lives in Africa. Amazing Africa. She lives with her whole family in a wonderful house. There is always somebody to laugh and play with.
Anna Hibiscus loves to splash in the sea with her cousins and have parties with her aunties. But more than anything else in the world, Anna Hibiscus would love to see snow.
Featuring warm, loving multi-generational family relationships, this Boston Globe/Horn Book Honor winner showcases daily life in modern, urban Africa. Great as a classroom or family read-aloud, it illustrates the commonality of cultures and experiences and inspires discussion.
Ideal for young readers ages 5 to 9.
Notable features about this book:
- Features warm, loving multi-generational family relationships
- Showcases daily life in modern Africa
- Great classroom or family read-aloud
- Illustrates the commonality of cultures and experiences
- Inspires discussion on values
Award winning book. Received the following awards.
- Boston Globe-Horn Book Honor Book
- Best Children's Books of the Year, Bank Street College
- CCBC Choices
- Library Media Connection Editor’s Choice
- Sankofa Reads Great Chapter Books on Africa
Do you have any questions we failed to address in the above product description? Click on the "Ask a Question" button below and send it over. Our team will get back to you with an answer shortly.Ask a Question
More from this collection
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.